Our educational philosophy is learning through play: where children naturally develop their social & cognitive skills, grow in emotional maturity, and gain the imagination & self-confidence they need to succeed in their later school lives.
Curzon classes are held Monday to Friday, from 8:40 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., for 24 children 3-5 years-old.
- Our "Pussycats" (3-4 year-olds) and "Owls" (4-5 year-olds) enjoy a safe and caring environment where play and learning go hand in hand.
- 3 dedicated professional preschool teachers (plus one duty parent) welcome your child each day into a highly-individualized program.
- Class includes a blend of free play; teacher-directed activities such as theme-related learning, skill development, arts & crafts, song & dance, stories & play; and smaller age-group-appropriate separate activity periods
- The core curriculum focuses on Music & Movement, Arts & Crafts, Gym, Yoga, Science and Outdoor Play.
- Kids benefit from a bilingual atmosphere with one dedicated French-speaking educator and French-only activity periods.
- The program is based on weekly and monthly educational themes, supported by popular activities such as our learn to swim and learn to skate program (Due to Covid-19 restrictions and Curzon's own medical protocols, swimming and skating programs are not being held at the moment).
Curzon's enrichment programming gives the children more exposure to French and contributes a developmentally appropriate pre-school readiness focus to our, otherwise, learning-through-play format, which includes gym, music & movement, yoga, science, field trips*, special visitors*, monthly themes, etc.
Three-year-old Pussycat Enriched activities support autonomy, cooperation, cognitive and socio-emotional development, enthusiasm, imagination, fine and gross motor skills and invite the child to develop confidence and leadership as a member of the group.
Owl Enriched continues in these areas of development and the four-year-old program is enhanced with individual and group project work, special themes and kindergarten readiness activities and materials that teach logic, early math and early reading (English). The French program aims to prepare children for French immersion kindergarten.
Presently Pussycat and Owl Enriched is included as part of the overall program for each child.
Note: Our program is temporarily re-organized to respect Covid-19 restrictions and our own medical protocols. And with the addition of Enriched programming, the typical day has been extended to a 1 PM pick-up as opposed to the standard pick-up time of 11:30am.
*These specific activities are not part of the program while Covid-19 restrictions are in place.